/* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { color:#774; } #postfeeds { }

Friday, January 06, 2006

Meme of four, meme of seven

Taggity taggity tag. Mommygoth and LisaV tagged me with the sevens meme so long ago that no one still remembers the tale. But yesterday Professor Bastard jogged my memory by tagging me with the four meme.

Time to get down to meme business. But here's the problem. Seven is a big number. A very, very big number. And seven times seven? A number too big to contemplate. I can't come up with that many factoids about my, ahem, fascinating self.

So what to do? In the name of fairness to all meme taggers, not to mention to my sanity, I am going to combine the four meme and the seven meme, eliminating redundancies and answering each question four times.

This may result in some unexpected messiness. Such is life.


Four Jobs I've Had
1. Dishwasher
2. Contest administrator/ sales clerk
3. Bookseller
4. Housecleaner

Four Things I Hope to Do Defore I Die
1. See my children grow to be happy adults.
2. Read Proust.
3. Make a truly delicious sourdough bread.
4. Sleep eight hours at a stretch for two nights in a row.

Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over, If Only The TV Was Not Ruled By The TtFTE Mafia
1. The Muppet Movie
2. Spirited Away
3. Rear Window
4. Bringing Up Baby

Four Things I Cannot Do
1. Roll my tongue.
2. Cartwheels.
3. Watch an episode of Dragon Tales without making snarky comments. (That's why the laptop is always on, folks. Because I am studiously not watching Dragon Tales.)
4. Suffer fools gladly.

Four Places I've Lived
1. Madison, Wisconsin
2. Columbus, Ohio
3. Cambridge, Massachusetts
4. Bar Harbor, Maine

Four Things That Attract Me To My Spouse
1. Gentleness
2. Committment to social justice
3. Scrunchy hair
4. He's cute, too!

Four TV Shows You Love to Watch
1. Daria
2. Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
3. The first two or three seasons of South Park
4. The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show

Four Things I Say Often
1. Not so loud!
2. Who's a menace? Baby Blue, raise your hand if you're a menace!
3. Could we get pizza?
4. No, I'm fine. I'm just tired.

Four Places I've Been on Vacation
1. The Olympic Peninsula
2. New Mexico
3. Colorado
4. Bar Harbor, Maine

Four Books or Book Series That I Love
1. Annie Dillard, An American Childhood
2. Elizabeth Bishop, The Diary of Helena Morley
3. Dervla Murphy, Full Tilt: Ireland to India With a Bicycle
4. Mary Lee Settle, Turkish Reflections

Four Blogs I Visit Daily
Four? Four???
(Sound of slightly hysterical laughter)
Ok, I'll do what Overread did and just pick four random blogs from my feedreader:
1. A Day in the Life
2. Marginal Utility
3. Mystery Mommy
4. Playing School, Irreverently

Four of My Favorite Foods
1. Pizza
2. Chick peas and swiss chard in a tomato-rosemary sauce, over pasta
3. Enchilada casserole: fresh corn tortillas layered with black bean chili, salsa, and cheese.
4. Freshly made rye bread

Four Places I'd Rather Be
1. Here
2. There
3. Possibly there
4. Definitely there.

Four Albums I Can't Live Without
1. Bjork, Vespertine
2. Modest Mouse, Good News for People Who Love Bad News
3. The Eels, Electro-Shock Blues
4. Camper Van Beethoven, Telephone Free Landslide Victory

Four Vehicles Car Gods I've Owned.
You know. On the dashboard. For good luck.
1. Plaster cast of my teeth
2. Sandbag frog named Max
3. Ernie
4. Bert

Four Things I Like About the Number 7
1. Conveniently located after 6 and before 8
2. The numeral has an engaging slant to it.
3. Contributing factor to the secret of life
4. Lucky Seven Sampson

Four Brave Souls Who Would Like to Conquer This Formidable Meme

If you volunteer, leave a comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home